The UPSC conducts Civil Services Examination every year to recruit top-notch talent into India’s elite civil services. As it is an established fact that how challenging it is to clear this exam, many aspirants look for professional and right guidance in their pursuit to crack the IAS exam. Thus, it is prudent to choose the right UPSC coaching centre. This article will give an insight into how Delhi is one of the right picks for the same.
Do keep in mind that it is not in any way that Delhi is “the” best place for UPSC coaching, but rather, the article will tell why Delhi, in particular, is good. The article will also highlight factors that go into selecting a good coaching centre
Why IAS Coaching in Delhi?
Delhi is and has been the hub for UPSC aspirants’ coaching. Located at the heart of northern India and surrounded by the most populous states, there’s an ever-increasing number of UPSC aspirants in the region. Unfortunately, the rise in the number of UPSC aspirants has not been met with a proportional increase in the capacity of coaching centres or quality teachers. Still, this is made up of an abundance of study material and expert teachers in Delhi, which makes it the hub of IAS coaching centres. Coupled with good infrastructure and the ratio of cost of living to facilities, it is one of the best environments to study for the Civil Services Exam.
As such, Delhi has acquired a reputation for having some of the best coaching institutes for IAS. But with a plethora of coaching institutes in and around Delhi, it’s hard to choose the right ones.
Now, the term ‘best’ itself is a relative term, as it depends on the people involved, who will have different connotations to what the term ‘best’ is. Regardless, this article will highlight some of the factors that a candidate needs to keep in mind when choosing the best IAS Coaching in Delhi.
How to Choose the Best IAS Coaching in Delhi?
- Student feedback: When it comes to assessing how good (or bad) IAS Coaching in Delhi is, one needs to only ask the students who have passed out of the institute or are currently being coached there.
They can give valuable feedback about the quality, facilities available, the teachers and the study material. This will give a brief idea of how well the IAS preparation in an institution is taking place, hence enabling a candidate to arrive at a sensible decision
- Batch timings: Learning about the batch timings and how they are monitored will give a sense of the discipline and dedication with which UPSC coaching institutes in Delhi carry out their work. In addition, learning about batch timings will also allow you to assess whether one can attend the IAS classes in the coaching institute as per their schedule or not.
- Background of faculty: One should note the faculty members of a UPSC Coaching centre. Their experience in teaching and how supportive they are in a candidate’s IAS preparation will help in determining the quality of the coaching institutes. In addition, one must also pay attention to the number of students in a batch. The less, the better – as the quality of teaching gets affected if the number of students in the batch is more.
- Make a note of the infrastructure present: One must take note of the infrastructure offered at an IAS Coaching one’s choice. One way of knowing is the number of branches owned by the institute, if there are multiple branches, then it means they are proficient in training. An infrastructure that is good in a coaching institute will be crucial in providing positive vibes and is responsible for a better learning environment.
- Fees structure: Observe the fee structure in a UPSC Delhi coaching centre. One will observe that the fees claim will be the same across the board. They should be differentiated on the basis of extra source materials, support systems, discount offers, etc. In addition, students can also check the availability of instalment payment options if necessary.